All current Post Baccalaureate, M.A. and M.F.A. students are eligible for this grant.
- Eligibility ends as soon as an individual has graduated from their respective program.
Proposalmust follow all of the application requirements and submitted no later than the cycle deadline
- Applicants must be able to financially support the submitted proposal until funds are reimbursed by Graduate Studies.
Moneywill not be awarded upfront for selected proposals.
- Funds may not be used for work that has already been completed before the cycle deadline.
- EXCEPTION – Conferences, workshops and events not scheduled by the applicant may be attended up to 1 month prior to the cycle deadline.
- Applications will not be accepted from students who were awarded during the most recent, preceding cycle. No consecutive awards are granted.
- A single grant proposal from two (2) or more individuals is acceptable. However, the $500.00 award cap still applies.
- Any proposal involving the use of human subjects will need to be approved by MICA's Institutional Review Board (IRB) committee before funding is officially approved. Please visit mica.edu for full details on this process.
- Please note that payments to individuals that can not provide an official invoice for services must be done so using an independent contractor form. Cash or cash equivalents (gift cards, PayPal, Venmo) can not be reimbursed.