Articulating MICA's Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Globalization goals is a means to an end. The end goal is the full integration of DEIG values and commitment into the DNA and daily work of MICA.
The campus community should envision together a future at the College that does not need to separate out DEIG work as special efforts. They will become as core and natural to MICA as creativity, excellence
The key goals of the recommendations contained in the 2018 final report of the Presidential Task Force on DEIG are as follows:
- Create a systemic and pervasive college culture and practice of DEIG per the new MICA Mission, Vision and Tenets;
- Invest in, converge and coordinate MICA’s
DEIGefforts for optimal services and impact;
- Enliven the Mission promise of “Thrive with Baltimore” and “Make the World We Imagine”;
- Activate student agency;
- Strengthen shared governance; and
- Lay the groundwork for DEIG innovation to enable the campus community to do work that will distinguish MICA with its DEIG approach and establish a model for the field.