The M.P.S. in Business of Art and Design (Online) program is designed to support both recent graduates as well as students who have been out of school for several years who are seeking the skills needed to start, sustain, and/or grow an arts-related business. The program is designed primarily for visual artists, design professionals, architects, illustrators, musicians, actors, writers, craftspersons, performing artists, and supporters of the arts; but it is open to all students who feel that this training and our program structure will benefit them.
Application Requirements & Procedures for the M.P.S. in Business of Art and Design (Online)
1. Graduate Admission Application Form: completed and submitted online via mica.slideroom.com
2. Curriculum Vitae/Resume
3. Written Requirement:
All applicants are asked to upload a written document addressing two specific questions. Please divide your essay into the two sections, clearly marked, addressing the following:
- 1. Statement of Interest: Describe, in 250 words or less, the nature and type of creative/alternative business you have an interest in and why you are interested.
- 2. Statement of Intent: Describe, in 250 words or less, your goals, aspirations, and objectives for studying in this program as it relates to your creative/alternative business interest.
4. Three (3) Letters of Reference
5. Proof of Degree or Equivalent
Digital transcripts from the last degree-granting institution can be uploaded to SlideRoom. Official transcripts are not required for the initial review process, however, the Graduate Review Committee may request additional or official documentation before decision notification.
6. Portfolio and Portfolio Narrative
Applicants to the Business of Art and Design (Online MPS) may submit 5-10 examples of art, design, writing, music, video or other materials via mica.slideroom.com. Portfolio pieces may also consist of examples of work produced, managed or curated by the applicant. A portfolio of artwork is not required for admission to the Business of Art and Design (Online MPS).
Applicants should submit their portfolio materials for review with their application via mica.slideroom.com. Specific technical guidelines addressing the submission of digital images, video files, sound files and text files are available in the SlideRoom system.
7. $75 Application Fee
Payable via credit card during the application submission stage online.
8. Additional Requirements for International Applicants
International candidates whose primary language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in both written and spoken English. Additionally, certified translations of all letters of reference, transcripts and school documentation must be provided. For additional information on international applicant requirements, please visit Information for International Graduate Applicants.