Applicants should possess some practical knowledge and skills in art and design. Because the program is cohort-based, applicants should be prepared to commit to a continuous, 14-month learning experience.
Application Requirements & Procedures for the M.P.S. in Information Visualization
1. Graduate Admission Application Form: completed and submitted online via mica.slideroom.com
2. Curriculum Vitae/Resume
3. M.P.S. in Information Visualization Statement of Intent Questions:
- A. Describe your interest in the field of information visualization and how you plan to apply information visualization to your professional goals. (500 words or less)
- B. List your technology skills and proficiency. Include all software with which you are proficient, including open source platforms and/or programming languages. Include a brief description of your experience with each skill/software on your list (50 words or less for each description).
4. Three (3) Letters of Reference
Recommendations are submitted online via mica.slideroom.com.
5. Proof of Degree or Equivalent
Digital transcripts from the last degree-granting institution can be uploaded to SlideRoom. Official transcripts are not required for the initial review process, however, the Graduate Review Committee may request additional or official documentation before decision notification.
6. Portfolio and Portfolio Narrative
Portfolio samples should demonstrate the strengths of the applicant's current work, whether it is in design, analysis or another relevant field. The portfolio may include graphic design, interactive pieces, research papers or diagrams. Portfolios should include at least 3 but no more than 8 examples of an applicant's current work. If you have questions about portfolio materials, please contact Information Visualization Program Coordinator Heather Bradbury at email@example.com.
7. $75 Application Fee
Payable via credit card during the application submission stage online.
8. Additional Requirements for International Applicants
International candidates whose primary language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in both written and spoken English. Additionally, certified translations of all letters of reference, transcripts and school documentation must be provided. For additional information on international applicant requirements, please visit Information for International Graduate Applicants.