The Teaching Technology Center, a MICA faculty development resource, is located in Bunting Center, Room 180.
The Center's purpose is accomplished by:
- Researching, evaluating, and advocating for the adoption of new academic technologies
- Consulting on selection and use of academic technologies based on effective instructional design principles
- Delivering faculty training on the use of academic technologies such as Canvas and Adobe Connect
- Showcasing innovative use of technology by MICA faculty
- Facilitating peer-to-peer collaboration in technology
- Assisting in the design and delivery of blended/hybrid courses
The center will regularly sponsor presentations on new and existing technologies and best practices for using technology in teaching and learning at MICA.
The center is also directly involved in the Academic Technology Committee that gathers information and listens to the voices of faculty, staff, and students to help plan for smart instructional technology use and growth at MICA.